Check-in is 2:00pm for campsites and 3:00pm for rental cabins. Balance is due upon arrival. Personal checks are not accepted at check-in. We welcome overnight campers on a first-come/first-serve basis. Please be considerate of your neighbors and plan to arrive before 11:00pm (quiet time).
Visits of less than 1 hour are FREE; over 1 hour is $6 per person. Visitors are not given free admission to the Water Park. Visitors are not given discounts to the Western Theme Park or High Ropes Adventure Park.
Basic rate entitles campers to park 1 vehicle on site. 1 extra vehicle may be parked per site for an additional fee of $2 per night. Extra vehicles are not allowed in Group Tent areas. Please display vehicle pass at all times on rear-view mirror. You must turn the vehicle pass into the main office when checking out. The speed limit is 9 1/2 miles per hour throughout the campground (slower where warranted). All vehicles, including golf carts, mopeds, and motorcycles must be operated by folks with a valid driver’s license. The only 4-wheeled vehicles allowed are golf carts, other than your automobiles. Motorized scooters are not permitted. Automobile and RV washing is not permitted.
Personal Golf Carts must display a Fort Whaley band signifying they will comply with golf cart rules and regulations.
• All owners of personal Golf Carts must carry liability insurance on said Golf Cart. Failure to provide proof of insurance will prohibit the use of said Golf Cart. A copy of the Certificate of Insurance must be provided and kept on file at the campground office. The copy may be in digital form and emailed to the campground at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Operators of Golf Carts must be a minimum 16 years of age and have in their possession a valid driver’s license. (Moped license, learner’s permit, etc. are not acceptable). Never leave key in golf cart when not attended by licensed driver.
• Golf Carts operated after sunset must have lights turned on.
• Golf Carts cannot be operated during quiet hours (11:00 PM to 8:00 AM) except for to and from bathhouses.
• Golf Carts must be operated properly. Horseplay, racing, underage driver or other misuse of carts will not be tolerated. We have a "No Tolerance" policy regarding these violations. Violations will result in loss of the priviledge of using your golf cart while on campground property. Carts are to be operated on blacktop or gravel roadways only. No driving through campsites or other restricted areas.
• All passengers must be seated at all times when cart is in motion.
• DO NOT DRIVE WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS.
Don’t forget your bike helmet! Maryland State Law requires that children under 16 years of age wear a helmet while riding a bicycle. Bicycle riding is not allowed in the campground after sunset. Bicycle riders must obey the same rules of the road as a motor vehicle. The speed limit is 9 1/2 miles per hour.
Boats, boat trailers, and utility trailers are permitted on campsites, but will be counted as the 1 extra vehicle for an additional fee of $2 per night. If there is already a second vehicle on the campsite, they must be placed in storage or in the designated overflow area.
Quiet time is from 11:00pm to 8:00am. Please, no loud talking, loud radios, loud televisions, or other loud noise between these hours. Please do not cut through other’s campsites. The use of generators is prohibited. We do enforce an 11:00pm curfew - any camper under 18 years of age may not leave their campsite after 11:00pm unless it is to and from the bath house.
We love pets! However, all pets must wear current and valid rabies tags, be leashed, cleaned up after, attended to at all times, and not be vicious or exotic. Sorry, pets are not allowed in rental trailers or cabins except for designated pet-friendly units.
Frontier Town & Fort Whaley Campgrounds Pet-Friendly Rental Policy:
• Restricted to dogs and cats.
• Maximum of 2 pets.
• Pets must be crated whenever they are left unattended in the unit.
• All dogs must be at least 1 year old and be house broken.
• There will be a $50 non-refundable charge per pet per stay.
• Lessee is responsible for any and all damages to the unit caused by their pet, including flea infestation.
• All pets must wear current and valid rabies tags, be leashed, cleaned up after, attended to at all times, and not be vicious or exotic.
1 picnic table and 1 fire ring are provided per site (excluding the Group Tent areas). Please do not move picnic tables or fire rings from your campsite or another’s campsite. Please inform the Camp Store or Front Desk if you need a picnic table or fire ring.
Spraying for mosquitoes is conducted by Worcester County, Maryland and is done on the maximum number of days that the county allows, when necessary. Spraying is done between 2:00am and 5:00am. Any questions regarding spraying should be directed to Worcester County Mosquito Control.
Sewer hoses must be undamaged and must not be inserted into the sewer more than 6 inches. Due to Maryland State Health Regulations, all sewer hookups must be airtight and watertight. Sewer donuts are available at the Camp Store.
Maryland State Law prohibits the discharge of any waste water (septic or gray water) onto the ground. Violators will be subject to a fine and possible eviction. Formaldehyde products are not permitted.
Fire extinguishers are located at the Front Desk, Camp Store, each bath house, and in all rental cabins. Smoke detectors are provided in all rental trailers and cabins. We recommend that smoke detectors be used in all RVs. All flammable liquids in the campground must be stored in approved safety containers.
Frontier Town is a waterfront campground and Fort Whaley has a large fishing pond. Both campgrounds have swimming pools. Small children and non-swimmers should always be attended by a responsible adult, especially when playing by the water.
Our Frontier Town and Fort Whaley Beach Shuttle runs daily during peak season (mid-June through Labor Day), with stops at Fort Whaley, Frontier Town, Assateague Island, and Ocean City. Our Frontier Town Beach Shuttle runs Saturdays only in Spring and Fall, with extra runs made during major events like Springfest and Sunfest. Riders under 14 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
-Visits of less than 1 hour are FREE; over 1 hour is $6 per person.
-Miniature Golf is FREE to our campers!
-Campfires are permitted from 8:00am to midnight. Please, never leave a fire unattended.
-1 picnic table and 1 fire ring are provided per site (excluding the Group Tent areas).
-Our Frontier Town and Fort Whaley Beach Shuttle runs daily during peak season (mid-June through Labor Day), with stops at Fort Whaley, Frontier Town, Assateague Island, and Ocean City. Our Frontier Town Beach Shuttle runs Saturdays only in Spring and Fall, with extra runs made during major events like Springfest and Sunfest. Riders under 14 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult.